Dedicated to sports carz, super carz, and the best the industry has to offer in the hypercarz automotive sector. Enjoy!
Chevrolet Corvette C8 Stingray
Chevrolet Corvette C8 Stingray
Jewel in the Center
- Low profile headlamps designed around all-new projectors.
- Completely hidden door, hood and hatch releases do not disrupt the sculpted design.
- Large side air intakes for engine cooling and aerodynamic performance.
- A-pillar shape that communicates speed and assists in visibility.
- Large rear hatch that showcases the engine with seven air vents.
- Quad exhaust tips located on the vehicle's outboard ends.
- Dual-element LED taillamps with animated turn signals.
- A cockpit that has not only migrated forward by 42 cm (16.5 inches), but envelops the driver, conveying the high performance and aeronautic theme.
- Vertical climate controls and ultra-thin vents minimize the height of the instrument panel, creating a low, spacious interior.
- A new, squared-off, two-spoke, small diameter steering wheel that enables an unobscured view of the 12-inch reconfigurable cluster display.
- Hand-wrapped, cut-and-sew leather components with thick press stitching.
- Generous use of real metal.
- Stainless steel speaker grilles with Bose Performance Series audio system.
- Carbon fiber trim on the GT2 and Competition Sport Seats.
- The choice of either real aluminum or real carbon fiber for console and door trim plates.
- GT1 - a sporty style that emphasizes comfort while providing good support for performance driving situations. Features Mulan leather trim, optional two-way lumbar support and wing adjustment.
- GT2 - a first for Corvette, these seats have a racing-inspired look with comfort for long trips courtesy of dual density foam. They include carbon fiber trim, a Napa leather insert, Mulan leather bolsters, a jet black-painted seat back, two-way lumbar support and wing adjustment, plus heating and ventilation.
- Competition Sport - designed for the serious track-focused driver, these seats include aggressive bolsters, full Napa seating surfaces and carbon fiber trim on the headrest, heating and ventilation, along with an all-new durable performance textile inspired by Kevlar vests.
- 12 exterior colors - Torch Red, Arctic White, Black, Blade Silver Metallic, Shadow Gray, Ceramic Matrix Gray, Long Beach Red, Elkhart Lake Blue and Sebring Orange - plus three all-new colors: Rapid Blue, Zeus Bronze and Accelerate Yellow.
- Six interior color themes: Jet Black, Sky Cool Gray, Adrenaline Red, Natural/ Natural Dipped, Two-Tone Blue and Morello Red.
- Six seat belt colors: Black, Blue, Natural, Torch Red, Yellow and Orange.
- Two optional stitch packages: Yellow and Red. Standard black interiors have Sky Cool Gray stitching.
- A strong, stiff and lightweight main structure of six high-pressure diecast aluminum parts, also known as the Bedford Six, which are manufactured at GM Powertrain in Bedford, Indiana. These minimize the number of joints within the vehicle, making a stiffer structure that aids in handling and track cornering.
- Industry-first carbon fiber curved rear bumper beam for weight reduction.
- Front and rear trunk tubs and dashboard molded from ultra-lightweight "float" derived from fiberglass and a proprietary resin. The material is so light that it can actually float in water. It works with other fiberglass and carbon fiber variants to lower mass and reduce noise and vibration.
- Jewel-like setting in the rear compartment, visible through the rear glass hatch.
- Every part, including the exhaust system's wires, tubes, routing fasteners, coolant hoses, exhaust manifold and even the bolts and fasteners, is built with appearance in mind. All engine components were given careful consideration just like the exterior, and even the heat shields are textured.
- A brand-new block and vent system. The centerline of the crankshaft sits 2,5 cm (one inch) lower to the ground where it mates to the transaxle for better handling.
- Low-profile oil pan that reduces mass.
- Oil cooler capacity increased by 25 percent.
- Standard edge Red valve covers.
- Driver and passenger seat memory.
- Heated steering wheel.
- Tire fill alert warns the driver when tire meets maximum pressure.
- Two new Bose audio systems: a 10-speaker standard premium system and available 14-speaker Bose Performance Series system. Speaker grilles are integrated into lower door trim for a refined look that also helps guard against damage from footwear.
- The industry-pioneering Performance Data Recorder, an advanced driving analysis tool upgraded with high-definition resolution camera and a new, in-vehicle user interface. Customers can record both circuit and point-to-point road courses. The PDR can be set to auto-record like a dash cam that starts a recording every time the Corvette is running, or configured to only start when the car is set to Valet mode.
A definition - a small, usually two seat, two door car designed for spirited performance and nimble handling. Sports carz may be spartan or luxurious but high maneuverability and minimum weight are a prerequisite.
A definition - an expensive high end sports car, specifically a very expensive, fast or powerful car. Generally it must be very fast, with sporting handling to match, it should be sleek and eye-catching and its price should be one in a rarefied atmosphere of its own.
A definition - a design concept car developed with ultra-light construction, aerodynamic styling using advanced composite materials, low-drag design, and can incorporate hybrid drives. Hypercarz can also include limited production specials from elite automakers, that have massive power and performance, as well as concept models that appeal to a variety of auto enthusiasts