Dedicated to sports carz, super carz, and the best the industry has to offer in the hypercarz automotive sector. Enjoy!
Chevy Camaro SS
Chevy Camaro SS
The sixth-generation Chevrolet Camaro offers higher levels of performance, technology and refinement and is designed to maintain the sporty car segment leadership earned over the past years. The New Camaro provides a faster, more nimble driving experience, enabled by an all-new, lighter architecture and a broader powertrain range. The LT1 6.2L V-8, which is rated at 455 horsepower and 455 lb-ft of torque - for the most powerful Camaro SS ever. Also available with a six-speed manual or eight-speed automatic transmission.
Leaner, Meaner!Camaro's leaner, stiffer platform and slightly smaller dimensions are accentuated by a dramatic, sculpted exterior. Meticulously tuned in the wind tunnel, the exterior contributes to performance through reduced aerodynamic lift for better handling while enhancing efficiency.
The Best Bitchin Camaro Ever!
More Power, More Handling, More Style!
- The most powerful Camaro SS ever, with a new 6.2L LT1 direct-injected Small Block V-8 rated at 455 hp and 455 lb-ft of torque
- Magnetic Ride Control active suspension available on Camaro SS for the first time
- With improved handling and performance, the Camaro SS delivers better lap times than the fifth-generation's track-focused Camaro 1LE package.
- All-new Drive Mode Selector, which tailors up to eight vehicle attributes for four modes: Snow/Ice, Tour, Sport and - on SS models - Track settings
- Segment-exclusive, Interior Spectrum Lighting that offers 24 different ambient lighting effects on the dash, door panels, and center console
- High-definition, configurable color displays - including available dual, 8-inch-diagonal screens
Athletic Sculptured Exterior
More athletic-looking, sculptured exterior that complements the tighter, leaner architecture - and offers all-new, modern lighting signatures, including light-emitting diode (LED) technology
Greater emphasis on customer personalization with wider range of choices, including 10 exterior colors, five interior color combinations, lighting options and a full complement of dealer-available accessories available at launch - including wheels, stripe packages and additional accessories
Aerodynamically optimized design that is the result of 350 hours of wind tunnel testing, reducing drag on LT models and improving downforce on SS
All-new, interior with shifter-focused center console, intuitive controls, flat-bottom steering wheel, and higher quality materials throughout
Unique control rings around the air vents used for temperature and fan speed adjustments, eliminating the need for conventional buttons
Lightweight Aluminium Components
Lightweight architecture and chassis systems
Significant weight savings came from using an aluminum instrument panel frame instead of steel, which saved 9.2 pounds. The use of lightweight components, including aluminum front suspension links and steel rear suspension links with lightening holes, in the new five-link rear suspension system contributed to a 26-pound reduction in the overall suspension weight. With the lighter, stiffer architecture and more powerful engines, the Gen Six Camaro SS delivers better lap times than the fifth-generation's track-focused Camaro 1LE package.
Magnetic Ride Control
- The Camaro features a new, multi-link MacPherson strut front suspension with Camaro-specific geometry. The double-pivot design provides a more precise feeling of control, including more linear and communicative feel from the quick-ratio electric power steering system. At the rear, a new five-link independent suspension yields outstanding wheel control and reduces "squat" during acceleration.
- In addition, the Magnetic Ride Control is available on the Camaro SS for the first time. Previously limited to the Camaro ZL1, the active suspension reads road and driving conditions 1,000 times per second, and automatically adjusts the damper settings to optimize ride comfort and control.
More Powerful, More Efficient
All Camaro models offer Brembo brakes - they're standard on SS - optimized for the car's mass and performance capability. On Camaro LT, the available brakes include 12.6-inch front rotors with four-piston calipers and 12.4-inch rear rotors with single-piston sliding calipers. Camaro SS employs 13.6-inch front rotors with four-piston fixed calipers and 13.3-inch rear rotors with four-piston fixed calipers..
Goodyear tires are used on all models: The LT features standard 18-inch wheels wrapped with Goodyear Eagle Sport all-season tires and available 20-inch wheels matched with Eagle F1 Asymmetric all-season run-flat tires. Camaro SS features standard 20-inch aluminum wheels with Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 run-flatires..
Driver Focused Interiors and Technology
Like the exterior, the interior is completely new yet instantly recognizable. The instrument panel, for example, is a departure from the previous model, but retains the Camaro's familiar dual-binnacle-style instrument cluster hood.
The instrument cluster features analog instruments to provide the driver with essential performance information, as well as an available eight-inch-diagonal high-definition center screen that can be configured to provide additional information including navigation, performance, and infotainment features.
Another eight-inch screen, integrated in the center of the instrument panel, serves as the interface for the enhanced, next-generation MyLink system.
New Center Console and Center Stack
The new center console and center stack are designed with high performance driving in mind. For example, the heating and cooling controls are integrated into rings surrounding the air ducts. Eliminating the associated buttons makes the cabin feel more spacious, and makes adjusting the temperature easy while An electronic parking brake replaces the previous mechanical parking brake handle. This enabled the cup holders to be repositioned for improved range of motion when shifting in manual-transmission models. .
LED Ambient Lighting System
24 Different Colors
- An available, segment-first LED ambient lighting system, integrated in the dash, door panels and center console, offers 24 different colors, as well as fade and transition effects that spread across the interior. There's even a theatrical "car show" mode that cycles randomly through the entire color spectrum when the Camaro is parked.
- The ambient lighting is one of eight attributes the driver can adjust using the Camaro's new Driver Mode Selector- accessed via a switch on the center console. The system enables the driver to tailor the look, sound and feel of 2016 Camaro to their preferences and driving conditions.
A definition - a small, usually two seat, two door car designed for spirited performance and nimble handling. Sports carz may be spartan or luxurious but high maneuverability and minimum weight are a prerequisite.
A definition - an expensive high end sports car, specifically a very expensive, fast or powerful car. Generally it must be very fast, with sporting handling to match, it should be sleek and eye-catching and its price should be one in a rarefied atmosphere of its own.
A definition - a design concept car developed with ultra-light construction, aerodynamic styling using advanced composite materials, low-drag design, and can incorporate hybrid drives. Hypercarz can also include limited production specials from elite automakers, that have massive power and performance, as well as concept models that appeal to a variety of auto enthusiasts